domingo, 3 de outubro de 2010

DONNIE DARKO


Today I watched a movie named DONNIE DARKO. Oh, I must confess that I had a big surprise!

I like almost all kinds of movies and I always wait good things from the movies I watch, sometimes they reach my expectations, sometimes not. About this movie, I was expecting something really big.

I had read some reviews about it and they all said it is a good movie, so I was

waiting for a classic, a special movie.

And now you must be thinking: “Oh, he got very disappointed, because he’s taking too much time to talk about the movie….” And do you want to know?

No, I got so HAPPY!

It’s almost a perfect movie for me! It has lots if interesting things to think about.

Before I talk about it, let me tell you what I think it is a good experience in terms of cinema: in my opinion a movie must be interesting not just while it’s being played, but after we go out of the cinema and when the TV is off, and Donnie Darko is one of those

movies that makes me feel strange for days…

Now, while I write this text I’m still intrigued by it.

Well, let’s see its plot: Donnie Darko, the name of the movie, is still the name of the main character, performed by Jake Gillenhaal (a rising actor). Donnie is a strange, intelligent and different teenager, which has problems with all people around him. When we meet the boy, he is already in a psychic treatment, but until this point, things are under control. The real problems start when Donnie faces his most new friend: a big, white and Scary rabbit called Frank.

Frank, the rabbit, tells Donnie to keep doing destructive things, and the boy can’t say no, because the rabbit had saved him from a very curious and mysterious death some time ago. Donnie gets always far from sanity and he takes all the ones around him to this deep and dark hole.

An intelligent and original movie that plays with limits of imagination and questions what is really real in the universe. If this is not enough, the true story starts when Frank, the neurotic giant rabbit, says the world is going to end in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds. Not for coincidence, in Halloween. In the end, you will definitely want to watch it again.

If you are ready to exercise your brain, watch it. But remember: things are never what they seem to be.

DARK, DARKEST, DARKO!

2 comentários:

  1. Just awesome! Now I'm very excited to see it!! Your text is very good.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. you have asked enough if everything around us is real, huh? I don't want to see this film, I'm afraid... rs...

    ResponderExcluir