segunda-feira, 1 de novembro de 2010

INCREDIBLE HULK


Incredible Hulk is a green, strange, big, and ugly super hero. Well, in fact, I’m not sure if I can call him a “hero”. Does he save people? Oh, I don’t think so… Does he do anything good? I don’t really think so… Is he interesting? Well, no… no… no…

It took me a lot of time to decide what to write about him. And then, I realized that is because there’s nothing really important to say about Hulk.

Let’s go: he’s a scientist who had a nuclear accident and after it he evolves a big problem. When he gets angry, he becomes green and bigger, and he can’t control himself. He tuns, in other words, in an irrational monster.

Well, what can I say about it? Hulk is a try to show difficulties of humans in controlling themselves. Going deeper in the story, we can see that love may be the only thing that make us different from animals and monsters. When Hulk is angry, one of the only things that can calm him down is the view of his love: Betty Ross, a young and beautiful girl.

The story intends to show that inside everyone there’s a dangerous and scaring monster, ready to come out and take control, and that we need to fight it. Once more, we have a metaphor.

If this is or not good? Oh, I let this question for you. Maybe, when it was created it was original. However, nowadays, it’s a little irrelevant.

Conclusion: 4 – the metaphor deserves some attention, but it doesn’t worth very much.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário